Join us online for VMworld 2020. Learn about industry hot topics, preview new hands-on labs, and participate in networking events. Mark your calendar.
A collection of all my study notes and lab work while working towards passing the badge Microsoft Certified Security Engineer Associate by passing the AZ-500 exam
These notes are in no order and are not focused towards any exam content other than sharing my experience of configuring and automating security within Azure in the run up to the final exam.
- Azure – Setup Azure Blueprints
- Azure – Advisor
- Azure – AD Identity Protection
- Azure – Install and Configure Antimalware On A Virtual Machine
- Creating Security Baselines In Microsoft Azure
- Azure – Log Analytics Workspace and AzureVirtual Machine Agent Install
- Azure – Access Control and Role Assignment
- Azure – Configure Management Locks – Prevent Accidental Deletion Of Core Resources
- AZURE – Control Storage Access by Networks
- Azure – Update Management
- Azure – Monitoring Alert On Virtual Machine CPU Usage
- Azure – Register An Application in AD and Generate App Password
- Azure – Activity Log
- Azure – Route Tables – How To Force Traffic Down A Specific Route
- Azure – Content Trust in ACR and Roles
- Azure – Creating Key Vaults
- Azure – Create Kubernetes Cluster with ACR Integration
- Azure – Monitor / Alerts – Create Action Group to Notify Admin/User by SMS & Email
- Azure – Security Center and Pricing
- Azure Conditional Access Policies – Greyed Out
- Azure – Configure Web App Custom Domain and TLS
- Azure – Configure Web App and Licenses
- AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies – EXAM PASSED!!!
MS-101: Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security
#MS365 #Security #365Security #CertifiedProfessional #CloudSecurity #CloudFamily #CyberSecurity #Microsoft365 #MicrosoftCloud #Microsoft #alwaysbelearning #MS101 #EXAM #PASSED
Challenge : Outlook would connect to one MS365 mailbox but then started constantly flashing for authentication for the disconnected Hotmail mailbox, but the credentials window disappears before being able to click on the box to enter a password.
Cause : Unknown ? Clash of accounts? Glitch in the Matrix?
Solution : More of a workaround solution.
- Close Outlook
- Open Word > Create a blank document
File > Account > Sign Out
- Then click sign in, Username and Password prompts. Log in and authenticate.
- Close Word
- Open Outlook and everything worked as normal.
AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
#Azure #Security #AzureSecurity #CertifiedProfessional #CloudSecurity #CloudFamily #CyberSecurity #MicrosoftAzure #MicrosoftCloud #Microsoft #alwaysbelearning #AZ500 #EXAM #PASSED
This example shows how to assign a user/group a role to admin virtual machines in a resource group.
How to steps..
Select “Resource Group” > IAM > Add > Select user or group and select a role – Ok
Today I completed the self-paced training ICSI / CNSS Certified Network Security Specialist and passed all the sub modules tests with a min pass mark of 60%
International Cyber Security Institute (ICSI) . Always be learning.
April 27, 2020
MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
#M365 #Security #M365Security #CertifiedProfessional #CloudSecurity #CloudFamily #CyberSecurity #Microsoft365 #MicrosoftCloud #Microsoft #alwaysbelearning #MS100 #EXAM #PASSED
Fantastic news! Today I received confirmation I have been given the VMware vExpert Award for the 5th year in a row. Its great to be part of the vExpert awards and vCommunity.
Looking forward to an exciting year ahead.