How to remove the download, save as or print option from the MS Teams thick client application on unmanaged device, logged into your corporate tenancy via a conditional access policy.
- Create a group : Block_Teams_Thick_Client_Downloads
- Add users to the group you want to block access to download, save as or print.
Create a new conditional access policy – Example : Block Teams Thick Client Downloads
- Users and Groups add “Block_Teams_Thick_Client_Downloads”
- Cloud Apps or Actions – Select Apps – MS Teams
- Conditions – Select Client Apps> Configure >Yes> Tick : Mobile Apps, Exchange and Other Clients. Untick Browser.
- Device state (Currently in preview) > Set exclude > Tick : Hybrid Azure AD joined and Device marked as compliant
- Grant – Select > Block Access and For Multiple controls > “Require one of the selected controls”
- Conditional Access – Azure Active Directory admin center
Note Azure AD Premium required to create your own policies and target specific conditions like Cloud apps, Sign-in risk, and Device platforms
- Further information on What is conditional access What is Conditional Access in Azure Active Directory? | Microsoft Docs