How to enable the feature to prompt for Multi Factor Authentication when joining a device to an Azure Active Directory domain. We would also like to limit the number of devices a user can have to 5.
Start in Azure Active Directory Admin Center
Select Azure Active Directory > Devices
Under Devices click “Device Settings”
Now you can set the max number of devices per user and enforce MFA to join devices
Troubleshooting Windows Updates #Windows 10 #Windows 2016
Windows Update Log
PowerShell command to check the Windows Update log
Check Registry Keys
Run command prompt as adminitrator and paste these query registry keys in to see what your client has set for Windows Updates.
• reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
• reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\current\device\Update
• reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings
Check CBS Log
Find the Component-Based Servicing log here.
So, you deploy a GPO to Window 10 clients, but your in a hurry to get the clients to check in…
As a SysAdmin for many years I would log on to a client, open command prompt and type :
wuauclt /detectnow (Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008/2012 clients)
In Windows 10 you will notice that it doesn’t do anything and doesn’t show you anything. (As shown above)
(confirmed on https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yongrhee/2017/11/09/wuauclt-detectnow-in-windows-10-and-windows-server-2016/)
An example of “Whats New” in Windows 10, and Windows Server 2016 To check or scan “Windows Update” from the command prompt :
CMD (Run As Administrator)
And there is more switches….
- StartScan – Used To Start Scan
- StartDownload – Used to Start Download of Patches
- StartInstall – Used to Install Downloaded Patches
- RefreshSettings – Refresh Settings if any changes were made
- StartInteractiveScan – May ask for user input and/or open dialogues to show progress or report errors
- RestartDevice – Restart device to finish installation of updates
- ScanInstallWait – Combined Scan Download Install
- ResumeUpdate – Resume Update Installation On Boot