How to prepare to collect security log data from your Azure Windows virtual machines. You require two things:
- Log Analystics Workspace to be created
- The agent to be installed on the Virtual machine.
This guide shows how to setup the workspace and install the agents on the virtual machine.
Create a Log Analytics Workspace
Pricing is Pay as you go
Next you connect to the data source
Click Virtual Machines > Select Virtual Machine and click Connect.
The Agent is then automatically installed and ready to configure for the log analytics workspace
Next Configure workspace under advanced settings. See MS Doc Quick Start Guide
Windows event log collect from Windows VM
- Click Data > Windows Event Logs.
- Add an event log. Example type System and then select “+”.
- In the table, check the options Error and Warning.
- Select Save at the top of the page to save the configuration.